Monday 23 July 2012

Thomas Crecquillon - "Toutes les nuits (que sans vous je me couche)"

I definitively could not fall asleep that night, so I took my music junk and, with permission of the neighbours, sang an recorded this lover's disappointment of the nocturnal genre. Sleep alone or not to sleep alone, that is the question!
Song composed by Thomas Crecquillon as edited by Tielman Susato in "Unziesme Livre de Chansons", 1549. Lute part as entabulated by Pierre Phalèse in "Luculentum Theatrum Musicum", Leuven 1568






"Toutes les nuits que sans vous je me couche
pensant à vous ne fais que sommeiller
Et en resuant jusques au resveiller
incessamment vous quiers parmy la couche
Et bien souvent au lieu de vostre bouche
en souspirant je baise l'oreiller.
Toutes les nuits"







Version for karaoke:


"Every night, when I go to bed without you,
I think of you and my sleep is light,
and sweating until I awake
I incessantly pretend that you are in the bed.
And, right away, instead of your mouth
I sighing kiss the headboard.
Every night..."

"Todas las noches que sin vos me acuesto,
os recuerdo en duermevela constante.
Y entre sudores hasta que despierto
sin cesar os imagino compartiendo el lecho.
Pero, en seguida, en vez de vuestra boca
suspirando beso el cabecero.
Todas las noches..."

"Jede Nacht, wenn ich ohne Euch ins Bett gehe,
finde ich nichts mehr als Halbschlaf und denke ständig an Euch.
Und ich liege im Schwitzen bis zum Aufwachen,
und es ist mir unablässig, als wärt auch Ihr mit im Bett.
Aber zu schnell finde ich dass anstatt Eures Mundes
ich das Kopfende unter Seufzern küsse.
Jede Nacht..."



You find here an instrumental version of this song

No comments:

Post a Comment